Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Honey for Cough - Week 3 of Winter Illness Carnival

I've had a cough for the last couple weeks.  I've been avoiding cough/cold meds.  Finally I took the time to take a spoonful of raw honey before bed.  The next day I wasn't coughing as much.  I continued that for a couple more days and each time I was coughing less than the day before.  Right now I've hardly had the need to cough.  So I'm going to keep taking honey before bed to see if those few coughs will go away. If that doesn't work I'll try some lemon juice with the honey.




What do you do to treat your cough naturally?  Anything that really kicks it out?



This post is part of Real Food Wednesday.  Click here to read more nourishing facts and some gift ideas for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. We use raw honey the same way when needed, my kids love it in really warm water.

    Thanks for joining in on Real Food Wednesday!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sheree. When I have a cough that just won't quit, I do a thrice daily cup of hot tea with generous dollop of raw honey + cinnamon mixed in. It never fails--cough will be gone within 72 hours!

    ReplyDelete