Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Treating Sore Throat with Raw Apple Cider Vinegar - Week 2 of Winter Illness Carnival

In continuing the Winter Illnesses Carnival, this week I'm focusing on treating sore throats.

Whenever I got a bad sore throat I would spray the red liquid full of who knows what onto the back of my throat.  Not anymore, whenever I feel a slight pain coming on, I drink about 1/2 teaspoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and the pain goes away soon after.  The ACV does a great job of killing the bacteria.




When I first started taking it, I couldn't stand the taste or smell of it.  (I'm known as a picky eater.)  My eyes would water and I'd gag a little bit but I seem to have gotten used to the taste.

When I read about this treatment it warned not to take it too often as it could cause an upset stomach.  Usually I only need to use it 1 or 2 times then I'm fine.  I love how I'm able to kill the bacteria right when it comes rather than hoping it will go away and eventually suffering through a painful sore throat.

How do you naturally treat your sore throat?





This post is part of this week's Real Food Wednesday, go here to read other blogs.

4 comments:

  1. I keep some ACV (I like Bragg's too) in a squirt bottle with a few sprigs of sage. Sage has some great herbal properties for knocking out sore throats and helps temper the flavor of the vinegar a little.

    One day last summer I noticed I had run out of ACV but had some over-fermented kombucha on the counter. It worked just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot tea with honey and cayenne pepper! I am so going to try the ACV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the squirt bottle idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink ginger tea with raw honey, especially if I have congestion. We love it so much that we have continued drinking it now that our flu is gone.

    ReplyDelete